Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little Mom~





Victoria although just 15 is a very responsible little mom. The nurses and staff at the NICU are so proud of this young mom. Victoria has expressed milk from day one of delivering her son. Knowing that it is the best she can give him. She has also went back to school and at this moment carrying a 3.8 GPA.


Some say that she is just a child and I agree she is just a child herself. A child that I am so proud of. Some say wait til baby comes home and she is up all night. I say she is up all night tending to his best intrests already. The NICU staff as praised her for the commitment that she has made to her son, saying that Victoria is more mature than half the grown women the see going to see their babies.


When Victoria walks in to see her son the nurses walk away and give her full control. Victoria, feeds, changes, and coos her son and they already have a bond like a mother and child should have. He coos at her and watches her the entire time she is tending him.



Victoria knows that it won't be easy to be a teenager and a mom, but up for the blessed challenge this new depended life she has brought into the world. I myself am prepared to be what she and Kaden need... support. Victoria is such a special young lady and young mom. She has went as far as finding the perfect sitter that has preemie experience. The blessing is the lady lives right across the street. The best part is as a mom and now grandma I came home from work one evening and suggested the same lady to Victoria for sitting and she informed me that she had already talked to her and set it up.


Mr. Kaden is now 4lbs 8ozs and will be coming home soon. On th 23rd of this month we went to CPR classes and I watched in awe at my 15 yr. old as she listened, watch, and implemented what she learned to the CPR nurse.


As I sat and watched each couple go up and work the little mannequin the CPR nurse going over each action three to four times til the new parents were able to preform the act. When Victoria stepped up I was so proud as the CPR nurse only went through it once with her.




Thank you Granny Pat... For you prayers, support and belief in my daughter.







3 comments:

  1. Carol, I am in tears right now, because your post is exactly how I felt watching Victoria. You did a great job with your girls and I am so proud of you. Girl, my wrinkles are showing, but I earned every one of them. Love and Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat~ Please keep Kayla in your prayer one of her co-workers died durning Mardi gras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol :) Found you through Granny's blog and just wanted to say Congratulations to your daughter, and you!

    ReplyDelete